City of Carmel
www.carmel.in.gov One Civic Square, Carmel, IN 46032
Date: December 1, 2005
Contact: Nancy Heck (317) 571-2494
New Holiday Event to be Held in Arts District
Carmel, IN – The Carmel Arts and Design District is pleased to host a "Holiday in the Arts District" on Saturday, December 10, 2005, from 3 p.m. to 7 p.m. This event is sponsored by the Old Town Arts and Design Merchants Association.
This first annual event allows the public to become familiar with the merchants in the new Carmel Arts and Design District, while giving the community an opportunity to celebrate the holiday season with its neighbors, visitors, and friends. Luminaries will light the paths to the district's stores. Highlighting it's creative residents, artwork from area artists will be displayed in the stores.
Planned festivities and entertainment will begin at 3 p.m., and will last until 7 p.m. Main Street in Carmel will be closed from the west side of Rangeline Road to the Monon Trail, for pedestrian traffic.
Scheduled festivities and entertainment include:
• Mayor James Brainard unveiling a new statue in the Arts and Design District.
• An antique fire truck for the children to explore.
• A women’s instrumental quartet, along with other musicians
• Various choirs singing holiday music
• Prize drawings, featuring products and services from the merchants of the Old Town Arts and Design District
The Museum of Miniatures will hold a Candlelight Tour from 5 – 8 p.m. at 111 East Main Street. The miniature houses, vignettes and Christmas decorations will be viewed by candlelight. Admission for adults and children will be $2. For more information about the tours call 575-9466.